Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

No lights to the CRV tow car from MT. MT outlet checks OK with

Customer Question

no lights to the CRV tow car from MT. MT outlet checks OK with meter. Have (4) wire from front of tow car to rear. The green wire is cut off and not attached at tail lights but on TL on front plug. Worked OK for 5 years now I have this problem. White ground wire is connected and protected in the front plug but the white wire and two other wires feed into the socket in the tail light assembly. What do you think
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
You need all 4 wires. On 4 way plug colors, green is right turn, yellow is left turn, brown is lights and white is ground. IF you are using the lights in the toad, then you need diodes in the lights to keep from backfeeding into the toad's system. By "checking o.k. with a meter" I take it that you check the signal output on each mode? A 12 VDC test light is usually better for this. Many times the problem is in the taillight converter on the tow vehicle. If it malfunctions, some of the toad systems or all won't work. It is possible they used other color combinations on this, but those I gave you are the correct ones here. Hope that proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need more input from me on this issue a all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you need more input on this from me here?