gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We're getting my girlfriend's father's 1994 Oshkosh Safari

Customer Question

We're getting my girlfriend's father's 1994 Oshkosh Safari motorhome and it needs some TLC. Are service manuals available for the Cummins diesel engine and Allison transmission? Thanks, Mark
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The unit has been sitting for about 10 years unused. We've started the engine and run it for relatively short periods. I want to change all fluids and have a mistrust of the fuel that's been sitting so long. Her dad had all previous service done at shops and I'd like to do as much as I can myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: It's turbocharged. We put is a new master brake cylinder and flushed the brake lines, after "dad" put in DOT 5 fluid instead of 3 or 4. I'd like info on changing the gear oil, transmission fluid, how to drain the fuel tank to put fresh fuel in it. It will need a new generator and a set of batteries. What hoses and belts do I need to check? How to do a coolant change?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you have the model of the trans. and engine? It could be a md 3060 and should be a data plate on the side of the transmission with that info. For the engine look for a sticker on the side of the valve cover, it should say the engine size. Robert