Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1998 Pace Arrow 34 ft RV and I've been having a problem

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Pace Arrow 34 ft RV and I've been having a problem with the Chassis battery showing a 4-1/2 amp drain that constantly drains down battery if left connected. I've disconnected the Coach battery system and gone through the front right fuse box and pulled every fuse in the panel and still have a current draw. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** can be difficult, look for any smaller gage wires that are connected to the battery and disconnect them and see if you still have a draw, some items might be wired directly to the battery. One thing I have seen more then a few times is if your fridge has a high humidity switch and it is ON it can put a good size draw on the battery, even though the fridge is turned off, so that is the first thing I would check out. Normally what you can do is get a test light pull the main neg. cable and hook the test light up to the cable and then the neg. post and the light should be faint if it is bright pull all your fuses and then disconnect any smaller cables at the battery.Also what you can do is install a manual battery disconnect at the batteries, most RV stores have them and they are easy to install, might be a temporary solution until you can find the draw..It sounds like you have a meter reading the draw and once you get the right fuse or wire from the battery removed that should go away. You can also use a test light to check for a draw if no meter is available.Let me know if you need more help... RobertAlso if this is a Ford chassis you should have another fuse box under the drivers instrument panel, the dash pod swings up or has a few screws you have to remove and then the fuse box would be visible, not sure what engine and chassis you have.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert