peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a 2002 Itasca 33 ft. motor home : the elictro hydolic

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Itasca 33 ft. motor home : the elictro hydolic brake will not allow the Brake disc on the back of the transmisiom to unlock so I can not move it. It cost me over $ 1700.00 to have it towed home from last years hunting trip. I have checked all the fuse's I could find and they are all good. I think my leveling legs are all up I was told that might make a difference. The motor home sets on a General Motors chasse. the same chasse if used for a truck would have air brakes
Because most RV owner do not have a CDL the Itasca people had to make them hydraulic . The slid out works but that is all. no other hydraulics work. The brack system is on another hydraulic
pump . I can not get any power to the pump but if I hot wire the pump It will come on. I have tried every thing I know . PLEASE PLEASE SOME ONE HELP, THANK YOU big John
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you havent checked for any broken,damaged or corroded wiring at all this needs done.I have seen issues on some of these models with wiring faults that needed repaired to correct issues like this here.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete