gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

We have hooked our fifthe wheel to our sidewinder hitch but

Customer Question

We have hooked our fifthe wheel to our sidewinder hitch but the holes for the padlock are off by a fraction so we can't hook the padlock.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The fifth whhel is hooked to the sidewinder hitch and locked. It has passed the pull test. But we can't get the holes for the handle lock to line up so we can use the padlock.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've moved the fifth wheel forward and backward hoping it would jog something and it would line up,
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Is there any debris on the jaws or the pin area?