Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I was having issues with my RV refrigerator, a few lights

Customer Question

I was having issues with my RV refrigerator, a few lights close by, and the bathroom exhaust fan. After unplugging the refrigerator and turning the converter to power charge after a few hours the lights and fan began working again and I was able to turn the refrigerator back on and to auto which immediately went to lp. However, plugging the refrigerator back in within minutes the lights stopped working and the refrigerator went back off. What could the problem be, the battery?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
I suspect so...............most electrical issues we see here are battery related. Those need to be serviced on a regular basis and water added and the terminals cleaned. That service is very often neglected. If the battery(s) are over 3 years old there is a good chance they need replacing. Have them load tested and see. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. Hope this proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need additional input as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do have one question. I just purchased this coach and I have no idea where the chassis battery is located and haven't been able to locate the answer online.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Most those are either in the road side bay or up front under the hood. Fleetwood used both locations on these.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Some of these have just two house batteries and some have 4 of them. Be sure you mark the cables and take some photos before you take them loose. Or call a mobile tech over to assist you.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
You can get a complete set of wiring and plumbing diagrams from Fleetwood Customer Service if you give them a call and provide your FIN number. (###) ###-#### Great to have!
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some input from me?