Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The window blind appears to have broken a spring as I cannot

Customer Question

The window blind appears to have broken a spring as I cannot get any tension on it to lower the blind - the top part fly screen still functions OK.
I have removed the internal part of the window frame and the blind / flyscreen are inside it with no signs of damage. I have loosed the blind retaining screws and attempted ti wind the mechanism up to tension it but it feels sloppy and the 'steel' end moves 2 or 3 inches (50 - 75 mm) sideways with no tension at all on it.
What steps can I take to re-tension this?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Did you pull the spring assy out? It may be broken OR the ratcheting mechanism that holds it in place may be damaged or broken. I don't think they make parts for those. Attach a photo of that part if you can and I can perhaps make some suggestions.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need more input from me?