Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2006 carrilite with Arizonia room slide. Can't get the two

Customer Question

2006 carrilite with Arizonia room slide. Can't get the two passenger side slides in
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Is the motor making any noise at all? One battery or two and are you plugged into shore power or not?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plugged in. 3 slides go out , 2 won't no noise
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Do you know whose slide hardware you have? Do you have one battery or two? And are your slides all electric or hydraulic operated units?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One battery. Don't know who makes it but it is electric
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Slide take a huge amount of power and one battery won't really get the job done in most cases. After you move one or two other slides it would be just about flat. You should have at least two 27 series batteries in this trailer and 2 golf cart batteries would be even better hooked up in series. IF you battery is over 3 years old OR you haven't been adding water to it on a regular basis, then I strongly suspect that this is the problem. I would take care of that end of things and see if this doesn't resolve itself. OR the low voltage may have tripped out a shortstop breaker and that is why the other rooms won't move or indicate there is power there. Be sure you mark the cables so you get them back the same way if you remove the battery for testing. You can at least check the charging if you have a small digital multimeter. A good converter should put out about 13.7 VDC to the batteries. Less than 13 VDC shows it needs to be upgraded. A meter is about $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need help with the testing or if we need to dig deeper into this.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?