Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Well, I got my 99 national sea breeze stuck in mud. When I

Customer Question

Well, I got my 99 national sea breeze stuck in mud. When I tried to rock it out, it lost all gears but "2"
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. As long as nothing under the vehicle hit and damaged the shift linkage or externally mounted transmission range sensor. That would mean you likely damaged the transmission internally overheating the clutches causing the piston seals to fail and the clutch plates to burn off the friction material. Next steps are going to be a pressure test to check the valve body and clutches prior to going into the transmission. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was buried to the crossmember up front in mud, could I have bent a shift linkage or something?
The transmission is right behind the engine and the linkage is attached to the drivers side of the transmission. You can crawl under the vehicle and check it out visually to see if there is an impact. Its about 90% likely going to be damage in the transmission though. Rocking a vehicle out going back and forth R to D is bad on an automatic.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris