Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1.5" hole in rear exterior panel, it does not intrude

Customer Question

I have a 1.5" hole in rear exterior panel, it does not intrude into the interior. Probably vandalism. What is best way to repair the hole? 2013 Keystone Bullet.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** fill the hole with expanding foam then use a body filler such as Bondo and then do a fiberglass repair kit.Get a small can of auto body filler such as Bondo and mix it with the hardener per the instructions that come with it. Use a small plastic disposable putty knife to spread the body filler into the hole and extend out some around the hole, let it dry for a day and then go back and sand it down to get it smooth or the same level. Once that is smooth I would use a fiberglass repair kit most Rv stores have them it will include the fiberglass cloth after that sand down and then paint.....I have see some owners where they will put a plug into the hold and then seal the hole and plug with some Dicor and believe it or not put a sticker over the area it would be water tight and the decal would hide the hole, that would be a very cheap repair and take less time. The first way I mentioned would be the best and would be repaired properly. Hope this helps some.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.. Robert