Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Furnace was operating nicely at the camp site during the night

Customer Question

Furnace was operating nicely at the camp site during the night and then failed to come back on. Currently the Blower will not come back on and a fuse was blown and solid idiot light was on. Replaced 15a fuse.
* * Blower won't come on.
* Fuse is good.
* Gas is good.
* Electric is good
* Red idiot light comes on solid when thermostat is slid to turn on blower. ?
* No blower, no furnace pilot, no heat. HELP!!!!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** blower not coming on is the key, when you turn the thermostat on it sends a signal to the circuit board, so you need to confirm if power is on that wire at the circuit board, if you have power on the blue wire at the circuit board then the board could have failed OR bad motor. You should be able to locate the blower motor leads and make sure the fan turns over when you jump it with voltage. IF the fan does not com on bad fan motor. IF you have no power on the blue wire then thermostat issue. Hope this makes sense, click HERE for a wiring diagram. I might also have the circuit board tested, most RV shops have the ability to test the board out and see if it is the issue. Also on the diagram you will see a circuit breaker make sure that it is not tripped, follow the path of power and it should tell you where the issue is. Hope this helps IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert