peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

The power door locks on my 2006 jouerney quit the ower cargo

Customer Question

the power door locks on my 2006 jouerney quit the ower cargo works ok . when i push the power button the contactor in the fuse panal clicks but will not activate door lach
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be an issue with one or more wires damaged causing this fault here.I have seen this occur before in the past needing replaced for this issue.If this has not been checked/tested at all this needs done to see if there is any broken or damaged wiring.The relay that clicks sounds to be working but the wiring from it may be at fault needing replaced or repaired.I would have this checked into further to see if you can locate the source of the fault then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The problem was the switch in the door jam , there are contacts on the door and the door jam that must contact each other, they were dirty , I cleaned them and the door locks worked ,it was not in the wiringThanks
That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else here let me know and feel free to rate my help if you like. Thanks Pete