Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We have 1996 safari trek 2430 model,the bed is stuck all the

Customer Question

We have 1996 safari trek 2430 model,the bed is stuck all the way to the ceiling,is there a way to get it down manually to check the electric motor?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We checked the switch is working fine,the motor wants to go up but it is to the end of the gears on top.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We are a used rv dealer and can fix most things,we have not had one of these before,thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: I do not think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** like a Magic bed, copy and paste the link below and see if that helps any, I have never have one stuck in the up position and hoping the wiring diagram will help chase down the wiring in case there is no power to motor. You might have to try and pull the rails off to let the bed fall if you have access to it. This should be AC power so make sure you do not have a tripped GFI or breaker.... Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We go the bed down a foot by prying on the gears,it goes up fine but will not go down with the switch,we even switched the wire for the down to the upside but it does nothing,any Ideas?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Sounds like a limit switch issue let me check something out, I helped an owner a few years ago on this site and want to see if the motor had to be replaced or just the limit switch. Respond shortly.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
To me it is sounding like the motor has to be replaced, I do have a source for you on that. The one I helped on a few years ago was on a Trek and the limit switch was part of the motor. Click HERE to see one place that has the motor, there have been allot of issues with the motors. Hope this helps some, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating, ROBERT
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.. Robert