Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a "comfort control Duo Therm 5 button" thermostat running

Customer Question

I have a "comfort control Duo Therm 5 button" thermostat running a two AC - Zone 1 and Zone 2 system. My rear AC is a Dometic Penguin ll and the front unit is an older unit that has stopped working. I want to buy a new Penguin ll unit but read on line it will not work with the 5 button controller. Is there an adapter kit or other work around for this issue.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I will install the new AC
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
The best bet would be to upgrade to the newer digital Comfort Control 2 thermostat and controls. You can get one already set up for that and just change out the control on the unit you have now. Easy to install if you are somewhat handy with tools. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just following up to see if you got what you needed here or do you still need some additional input from me?