Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Have a Carri Lite 36XTRM5. Large living room slide will not

Customer Question

Have a Carri Lite 36XTRM5. Large living room slide will not work. Outside facing slide, the right side will slide in or out but the left side will not. This is causing slide to come in sideways. Can not find pin or anything broken that would cause this. Can not find diagram anywhere with info. Even when using without motor attached, the same thing happens. Please help. Husband is at wits end. His phone 936-***-****.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
I can make a phone chat option available for you. And attach a photo of the slide out underneath so I can see what you have before he calls me. Thanks!
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Moter turns drive gear and main shaft which turns rod to off side of slide . The gear on motor side of shaft is slipping on the rod . I don't see a pin or key on this gear which is between welded brackets
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
That has a drift pin that has sheared off, but is still in the gear. This is a very common problem on this style of slide hardware. Takes about 30 minutes and a roll pin to fix. The old one has to be driven out and the new one installed and the room tracked correctly. You might want to have a mobile tech come and assist you with it. Thanks for getting back to me.