Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I recently purchased a 2006 Monaco Diplomat with a Norcold

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 2006 Monaco Diplomat with a Norcold model 1200LRIM, S/N(###) ###-####2 way refrigerator which has an auto ice maker. I connected the water supply line to the ice maker and it does not work. I verified that water is reaching the solenoid but no water is coming out to the ice maker from the bottom of the solenoid. I cannot tell if the hose heater is working.
I have it on 50 amp shore power and the rear receptacle to the white cord has power.
1. Do I need to have outside water hooked up as it is now on the internal pump?
2. Is there a fuse I need to check?
3. Is the solenoid defective, and if so how do I test it?
4. Should I test the hose heater?
5. Any other things I should check?
Thanks for your help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** should not matter on the water source city water or tank to pump should charge that line going to the solenoid. There will be no fuse as the ice maker is AC power and not DC power. As power is supplied to the solenoid it will open up a preset amount of time and then allow water up to the ice-maker. Click HERE and see the troubleshooting on this, please note that on your model On 1200LRIM refrigerators, the ice maker must be removed to allow removal of module cover to access test points. See Figure 4 for mounting screws location. Figure 5 shows test points location. So you would trigger the solenoid from inside and see if it allowing water to the ice-maker the solenoid valve should stay energized about 3-7 seconds. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
HI... was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert