Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My name is ***** ***** JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Dometic RM 3800 fridge. It work great on electric but won't light on the gas setting. I unplug the 110 power cord so it will switch over to gas and I can see the spark from the igniter but won't light.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
That can be caused by several things. The LP pressure at the tank regulator may be low or the burner may have bug debris inside as they love to get in there. These are the two most likely causes when you can see the spark. Check the on/off knob on the gas valve and be sure someone didn't turn it to the off position. I am attaching a copy of the Dometic Service Manual for this model which may help. I will also make a phone chat option available for you in case you want to do some "hands on" work on this.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Other things that can cause this are a bad control board or a bad gas valve. Even though this is an older model, you can still get parts for it. The gas valve can be tested with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for about $20 or so. The board can be tested by a shop with a tested made for this. This may take a mobile tech to assist you IF you don't want to have some guidance over the phone.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back to see how this was coming and if you were able to resolve it yet or do you still need some additional input from me here?