peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a 2002 Winnebago Rialta. An alarm, just like a smoke

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Winnebago Rialta. An alarm, just like a smoke detector, sounds loudly under the drivers dashboard on the fuse box. I have pulled out fuse from slot #14 and it stops. The LP gas alarm is green and no issues. We don't event have any propane in the tanks. The wiring diagram shows this slot 14 is for the backup lights, overhead window, and glove box light. We don't have an overhead window. I don't know what else it could be. It just started and I can't find any resources to help me resolve my issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be due to the back up alarm going off possibly.I have seen issues with the back up switch/signal on the transmission cause this fault here or this may be the transmission neutral safety switch/position sensor at fault needing replaced.This will have to be checked/tested further to locate and repair the cause here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I recall, I had just changed my transmission fluid. Not sure if it was going off before that or not. Where can I find these switches to test them? I was trying to find a wiring schematic to trace the circuit, but fuse box diagram for slot 14 says power for sunroof, glove box, and back up lights. I have never heard a backup alarm sound since I have had it and I have had it for a year now. This just started and is very loud. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately I do not have the testing info for any switches on this model or any diagrams on this model here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete