Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

Darrel. I got a 2014 E450 V10 motor home and the gas gauge

Customer Question

Darrel. I got a 2014 E450 V10 motor home and the gas gauge reads empty I have unplugged the sending unit no change the tank reads 54ohms with a full tank and I got 6 to 5.8 volts depending on what wires I checked on the gauge side
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What kind of details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,The most common caused for the problem you are having with your fuel gauge is usually a failed sending unit. Before you consider replacing any parts you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps to do so int he link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Gauge%20test%20APr%2018.pdfHave a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.