Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 1994 King of the road 5t wheel I got it second hand

Customer Question

We have a 1994 King of the road 5t wheel I got it second hand without any instruction book. We cant get the lp to get to the fridge or stove , we already changed the regulator but still nothing, tanks are full but lp does not reach the appliances
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes my husband is really handy
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all the lines and fittings changed out the regulator
JA: Anything else I can tell the RV Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
What is the make and model of the fridge? Get back to me with this information and I can get a manual for you and we can sort this out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont need a manual for the fridge, I need to find out why the lp is not getting into the RV,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason the LP does not reach either the fridge or Stove we changed out the regulator and checked all lines and fittings but no gas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello ?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Unless you have a copy of the Service Manual then you should have one. We will use that to track down the problem. So, I need the make and model number off the data tag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really disappointment with the service, you have not provided me with. I need a Service manual and you asking me for a copy ? Then I feel I am being extorted more Money to get "better" help per phone. Not what I thought this would be. Will not recommend your service.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you understand how this service works............and I OFFERED you a FREE service manual. All you had to provide was the make and model of your fridge. Not that hard really.........and it would have allowed me to answer your question and resolve your problem. Quite a lot cheaper than a trip to the RV shop. And some people like the personal phone service and there is not time limit so that is pretty inexpensive compared to shop rates. I don't even limit the number of calls for my customers here. I get $98 an hour at my shop, so this is quite a deal and one reason why our site is so popular! I answer several thousand questions here every year. Most are quite pleased with the service and the money it saved them. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but it could have. You just refused to give me what I needed. Please feel free to ask for a refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it is NOT the fridge,as I have explained THREE times. Not that hard really to read my entire comment. I just researched your service, which I should have done before I paid, and I saw lots of disappointed customers. Also your post just now very condescending, not good practice either.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I think you should just take it into a shop or call a mobile tech to come in and assist you. This works well for most people, but not all. Have a good evening........
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** thing I do not see mentioned is the LP detector, on many RV's if the LP detector trips it will signal a solenoid near the tank and it will cut the flow of LP. Also sometimes where the main lines enters the RV the hard pipe will have a cut off valve, normally they will have a red handle you have to turn in the direction with the pipe to get flow. We really do try our best and we are not out to take your money. All follow up's are included.Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert