Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 2012 Allegro Open road (35') awing will not extend, have

Customer Question

My 2012 Allegro Open road (35') awing will not extend, have not had it out in 6 months
Batteries are fully charged and current using 110 at my resident
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
hi my name is***** sounds like it could be a motor issue if it is not moving. IF the unit sat for 6 months try tapping on the awning arms, sometimes they can get stuck and the motor might not be able to push them out. Pretty sure on your awning it will have a motor connector inside the arm and normally what you could do is jump the motor with a 12 volt power source and see if the room runs out, if not bad motor. It might be hard for you to access that connector if the awning is shut. So you could go to the switch and jump power on the motor leads going from the switch to the motor, normally red is positive and black is negative. IF the awing does not move bad motor. IF the motor runs then you have a blown fuse or tripped breaker and I would check all your fuse boxes for a blown fuse... Hope this helps if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... RobertAlso there was a recall on some dometic awnings I will take a look and see if yours is in the time frame, if it is I will let you know...Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
I looked up the recall and it was for 2013 not 2012. Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert