Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where does the cord from a 110 outlet plugup on a 1998 dolphan

Customer Question

where does the cord from a 110 outlet plugup on a 1998 dolphan motorhome
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will go to an automatic transfer switch OR direct to the breaker panel. IF you do NOT have to physically plug a cord in for the generator you will have a Transfer Switch, the TS detects the incoming AC power source and will switch between shore and generator power. Sometimes the relay can fail and you will not get any AC power on that source. Location really varies per year and model. Sometimes they are in a box next to the shore cord and other times they are inside, in the closet, under the bed or behind the main breaker panel inside. IF you do have to plug a cord in for the generator then the shorline should be going to the breaker panel inside. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
I assume you were talking about the 30 or 50 amp cord that you hook up. IF you are trying to use an adapter on that cord going down to 110 volt standard outlet please let me know.... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert