Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I'm plugged into 30 amp, the microwave, my residential refrigerat

Customer Question

I'm plugged into 30 amp, the microwave, my residential refrigerator both work, I have no interior lights, water pump or Air conditioner power
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
HI my name is***** is the Year, Make and model of the RV? Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000. Wi nebago uhltimate advantage j 40 It is a diesel usher
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
OK DO you have a volt meter and if you do can you go to the house battery and check the voltage for me. We need to see if this is a battery disconnect solenoid issue, if the voltage is good at the battery, power will go to that solenoid. Sometimes the solenoid can fail or stick and you will not get any DC power inside the RV. It sounds to me like you have the AC power, microwave, fridge, outlets, TV. Inside you should have a battery disconnect switch when you hit that switch it triggers the solenoid and allows power inside. Many times when you hit the switch inside you can hear the solenoid click each time. IF you can not locate it by sound go to the battery and follow the cable it will go right to it. On the solenoid you will have two larger posts, power comes direct from the battery to the solenoid, if you have power only on side get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if power comes on. Try tapping on the solenoid as well.IF you have LOW battery voltage at the batteries and you are plugged in then you are looking at a power converter or inverter issues as it will charge the batteries.Really important to know, if you are missing ALL the DC power and have ALL the AC power or you are only missing some of it.IF you want to check things out and get back to me that is fine, follow ups are included, I am around daily and respond when I can....Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert