Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Replacing the slide out seal around the slide out on my Jayco

Customer Question

replacing the slide out seal around the slide out on my Jayco
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the metal teeth that are inside of the old seal that holds its around the frame rusted out and im trying to replace it with a new one and Im having trouble getting the new one on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** seals with the metal channel are a royal pain to get on. I actually got a block of plastic and shaved it down to a wedge and what I normally do is get the seal started then push it on with the plastic wedge so the metal insert goes on the flange, these are really hard to get on. Sometimes I will also spray some 409 in the channel and that will help get it on some. So it sounds like you will have to get something between the room and flange and pry it on, the plastic will not damage the paint but maybe even a wooden wedge will work... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert