Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Motor on my 9100 awning bad. rolled awning closed. used heavy

Customer Question

motor on my 9100 awning bad. rolled awning closed. used heavy zip straps on rt and lft arms. when I remove motor will a spring let go its tension in the tube.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: want to replace motor assembly in my dometiic 9100 awning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: rolled up awning used zip straps to hold rt. and lft arms flush together
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. I was out all day and just got home and perhaps others were as well. Yes, there is spring tension on the other end so you will either need to keep it from rolling around OR rewind the tension on that end when you get done installing the new motor assy. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is complete procedure to replace 9100 series awning motor? don lucarell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no phone call
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I live in California and just got up...........do you still want a phone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-#### ***** lucarell
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
The phone chat option has been offered and once that is accepted I can furnish my number. No time limit on the call.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some assistance and input from me?