Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.

I have a 1994 Fleetwood Pace arrow class A,34' P-30 Chevrolet

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Fleetwood Pace arrow class A,34' P-30 Chevrolet chassis 454 cu in engine.I can not find out how to remove the front disc rotor and caliper.It appears that the caliper and hub are one complete unit.please help me.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I do all my mechanical work to save me a ton of money but now I am stuck.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to find any way to remove the front calipers so I can replace the disc rotors and disc brake pads but again there does not seem to be a way to remove the caliper.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: same year as the motorhome,1994 and all mechanical aspects are in great shape.I have owned the motorhome for 12 years and put a lot of money into it. At my age (72) things seem to be harder to figure out on the brakeing system. I replaced many calipers and brakes, but this one.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: I do not need a transmission person,the problem is with the front brake caliper and rotor removal. the motorhome runs great now with all the new engine parts .
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the RV Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes. I have to also replace the same disc rotors and pads on the rear and from what I have seen of them there is 5 large bolts that hold the rear caliperin place.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The caliper in not part of the rotor and has to come off first to remove the rotor. I have enclosed the caliper removal steps in the link below as well as the rotor steps. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.