Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Atwood refrigerator does nothing when I push the power button.

Customer Question

My Atwood refrigerator does nothing when I push the power button. No lights come on or anything. I checked the plug in back and it has power. I replaced the eyebrow panel after I spoke with someone at Atwood who had me check the brown, white, and black wires with a meter on back. They were under the black plastic cover on the back side of the fridge. All of the fuses appear good.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** looking at a drawing on this and noticed it has a thermal switch. On many units it is on the flue canister and is a tiny disc with a small button on it, when it trips it pops out and prevents power from getting to the fridge, I am not sure on this model if it is the same set up as some units will actual use a diode. Click HERE and look at the wiring diagrams you should be able to find it and follow that wire to the thermal switch. IF that is not the issue then I suspect the board on the back of the fridge is the issue... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That was not the issue. I checked it with a meter and it's showing good.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK It was a suggestion and if the fridge is not turning on and you replaced the upper control "eye brow" then it has to be lower circuit board or the wiring harness from the board to eye brow. I might try and ohm out each wire in the harness before replacing the circuit board. IF you would like to try another expert on this please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating. ROBERTAlso I might try another DC supply sometimes, rare a power converter can put out AC ripple or dirty voltage and the board does not do well with that. Sometimes you see that issue if a converter fails.