Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a DuoTherm AC that the compressor does not seem to be

Customer Question

I have a DuoTherm AC that the compressor does not seem to be starting. Looked at the Caps on the roof and they seem to look ok. Not tested though. Not sure where to start with testing.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Saw another post on your site and followed your testing procedure for the compressor. I have not continuity between housing and each terminal. Good. Also I have continuity between terminals. Good. What's next?
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am going to do is give you a service manual and this way you will be able to see the proper testing procedures, it would be better if you saw pictures and are able to troubleshoot at your own pace, you can ohm out the resistor but you need to be VERY careful working with the capacitor, if you touch across the posts you can get jolted really good, I have done it before. Click HERE and See page 28 it will show how to test them. Sometimes they will melt the wires on the cap but that is not always the case.... Hope this helps, if you want to do some troubleshooting and get back to me that is fine as well I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert