gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 2012 Tiffin RED QSA...Suddenly, the two slides on

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Tiffin RED QSA...Suddenly, the two slides on the driver side do not work. When my wife presses the 'slide open' switch in the RV, I can hear a clicking outside of the RV on the drive side...I guess the clicking means that my fuses are OK, but what do you think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Slides on the passenger side are working's the slides on the driver side that are having a I mentioned, there is a clicking noise outside on the driver side when my wife operates the slide switch inside..kind of like a solenoid operating, but the motor (mechanical slide) that operates the slide won't run...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for asking for me...........I was gone all afternoon and just got home. Were you able to get this resolved yet or do you still need some assistance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I haven't gotten the situation resolved. I thought I'd tap the solenoids with a hammer this morning just to see if I can free them up. I'd sure be open to any suggestions...
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Are you plugged into shore power or do you have the generator running? Most of the time, slide out issues like this are a battery issue. If you haven't had them serviced lately OR they are over 3 years old there is a good chance they need replacing. Even new ones have a higher failure rate than most people think. Good to have them load tested to be sure that isn't the problem. Dirty cable connections can do this as well. Check those things and then get back to me.