gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Discovery 36R with engine. Should I get upgraded 5.9

Customer Question

Discovery 36R with blown engine. Should I get upgraded 5.9 for more power to replace existing diesel
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Which engine do you have now? When you say "blown" please elaborate some for me.
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 6 months ago.
good eveningi get this call quite a lot and what i tell them is stay with the samereason being is that the rv when spec'd out and built at the plant like yours, its power train is designed to handle so much torque and with yours it was designed for a 5.9 power plant .But that is not all the tans,diff and driveline are spec'd out the sameway.therefore you could have problems for the rest of your life with this unit,Blowing a trans or something else.So stick with what you have and if you have anymore questions let me knowtyy