Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1996 Coachmen and can not figure out where the cable

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Coachmen and can not figure out where the cable hook up is on the outside. It is over the microwave inside.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Usually, it is near the rear on the driver's side. Some have a flip up cover over them. Take a look and see. Let me know if you don't find one.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had 3 people look and we didn't find it. Can you be more specific? The driver side where?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Towards the rear of the coach OR inside one of the bays. They put these all over. No way to recall them all by heart. I will opt out of this and allow another tech here to offer something.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** is the the Model of the Coachmen? Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Eccoline 260
PA(###) ###-####MANF# *****
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK Let me see if I can find anything out... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK So I took a look in the owners manual for this year and it says the cable connector is OPTIONAL it shows a plate inside the door mounted to the wall where the shore cord is located. I was hoping you knew the name of the model, Shasta, Catalina etc, with your reply I assume this is a class C, is so that is what the manual is saying, the cable hook up is an option and would be located on the wall where the storage cord is stored. IF it is not there and you can confirm the model name I can have another look... Hope this helps... Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a class B m-19RB
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK Let me have another look. Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK So it looks like to me ALL models and makes coachmen made this year had the exterior cable jack as an option only, this is across the board, class A, Class C and B.. So it is possible it is not installed. Normally you would have a cover plate that you hook up the cable to and sometimes they will either have a phone jack or 12 volt outlet next to that cable outlet and it is always on the outside of the RV so you can hookup without to much inconvenience. IF you looked under all the access panels outside and are not seeing then it is very possible you do not have that option. MY goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not really, I'm going to have to take it somewhere to make sure it's not already hooked up and I just can't find it.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
My goal is for you to be satisfied, I can leave this question opened up if you like or put in a refund for you. From all my research on this it was an option back in the day for that hookup but a shop can easily install one for you if needed. IF you need anything else please let me know.Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like a refund, I appreciate your time but it didn't really help me figure it out for sure.