Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have a BGE spec K Onan needing a carb. Seems to require(###) ###-####

Customer Question

Have a BGE spec K Onan needing a carb. Seems to require(###) ###-#### Can I use a(###) ###-####and just swap the electric choke over?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
You already tried cleaning the one you have in lacquer thinner?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
The(###) ###-####was used up through Spec J and used a bi-metal electric choke and the(###) ###-####has an auto-choke which is also electric. Not sure if you need to change that out or if the other one will work as is. The earlier version is about $200 cheaper and I suspect that was why you asked that. But, be sure you need to change it out. Take the other one apart and soak it for a few days in lacquer thinner and blow out well and see if the cleans it up. Many times it will. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need more input from me here?