Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a dometic nda 1402 side/side r v ref it shows error

Customer Question

I have a dometic nda 1402 side/side r v ref it shows error code 19 ( temp sensor fresh food compartment cooling surface) can you describe this sensor and where to find a supplier
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I am attaching a link to the Service Manual for this. See page 22 on corrective actions for this fault code. Let me know the outcome and we can go from there. Print out a copy of this as there is a wealth of information in here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
o kay got that, page 9 of manual says two temp sensors per cabinet total of 4 so it seems that the two in the food cabinet share the same pin connector in the board ??,so do I need both since I do not know which is bad if so where might I order such
thanks wayne
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Be sure it isn't just a dirty connection as that is the most common problem here. Clean those good and apply just the SMALLEST dab of diaelectric grease to the connection. These get moisture in them over time. I can get back to you as soon as I get to my computer and give you a parts breakdown if you need that.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have cleaned the pins and connector and applied diaelectric . I not been able to locate a source to order, camping world can order but they need a part number can you help with that?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Talk about lazy! They can look this up just as easy as I can. Get back to me with the Product Number and Serial number off the data tag on the inside of the fridge.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
randall , yes camping world sucks, only supplier I can find however I still need to know if I need 2 temp sensors since I have no way on knowing which is bad. also I am not even sure I have located both of them the manual is of no help in this. it only describes that there are 2 temp sensors in the food compartment and 2 more in the freezer compartment. so if you can help with part numbers for both I will just order both.model # ***** 1402
serial # *****
product #(###) ###-####53
thanks wayne
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I am attaching a link to the exploded view of the parts. See the "Controls" page and parts #162 and #163. Did you unplug them and clean the contacts? That may be what is wrong.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

You should be able to test those as well. It might be a control board issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay I have ohmmeter can do, no find correct readings in manual, how to check? how to check board? need help here
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Let me check what I have at the shop and get back to you later this morning. I am in California and won't be there for about 2 hours.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I put in a call to Dometic Technical and the ohm reading on the thermisters should be 5500 give or take about 5% when put in ice water for 10 minutes. IF those check out good, then the board is suspect. On the pins for those plugs on the board you should get some resistance and if none the board is bad. Hope that proves helpful here. Did you get the part numbers off the diagram? Shop around as the price varies.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Randall this the problem I was having with camping world trying to order the food storage side temp sensor (thermistor)page 15 wiring diagram shows two thermistors on the p3 connector on the board (j) for fridge AIR (k) for fridge FLANGE . the two numbers you response says 162 refr and 163 frzr . so I guess I am to assume the two thermistors for the refr side are combined and that's what I should need if the board checks out okay.
I did e mail you back that I had cleaned the connector and pins and applied diaelectric to no avail.
do you know if I can fish the wires by attaching the new sensors to the old one from the inside of the refr since they run down the back of the unit and it is a major task to remove the refr from the cabinet , I understand I will have to remove and replace the plastic connector to do sothanks wayne
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Did you ohm out the thermisters to be sure that is the problem. And they are separate parts. Be sure they are would be odd that both would be at the same time. It might be the board is bad....did you test that?

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me?