gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

No power to start or to coach. Batteries are new. Gas alarm

Customer Question

No power to start or to coach. Batteries are new. Gas alarm doesn't work....maybe connected to battery? Have had several folks look at it and everything that they would look at is functioning normal. Couple of them thought the battery disconnect is faulty.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: I have a 1993 Pace Arrow 34'.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Starter is maybe 6 maybe 2 years.
JA: Anything else I can tell the RV Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Can't think of anything right off the bat. I appreciate your help.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What is ABS?
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
IF you suspect the disconnect relay is bad you can jump around it. Does it "click" when you hit the switch or not? Do you have a small digital multimeter so you can take some voltage readings?