gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 95 Newmar with I think is the original refer. I

Customer Question

I have a 95 Newmar with I think is the original refer. I have recently removed it, turned it over and tapped on the coils for a few minutes, up-righted it and re-installed it. after 2-3 days, I restarted it and it works great freezer wise but the fridge cavity is not cold enough.
Even on it's coldest setting it's approx. 48 deg.C. What do you recommend at this point?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I would hook it up "direct drive" and be sure that the cooling unit isn't the problem. Hook up the heating element directly to a power cord OR you can unplug the thermistor and the fridge will call for "max cool" and see what happens. If you see any yellowish debris around the base of the burner area then the cooling unit is bad and you would need to rebuild it or replace the fridge. ATCO America is the best one for this if you rebuild it. If you can give me the make and model I can give you an idea of price. IF you are handy with tools, this isn't that hard. I can direct you on that. Get back to me with the cooling results and we can go from there.