Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

My Name is ***** *****. I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial.

Customer Question

My Name is ***** *****. I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial. My smart wheel works a bit intermittently. Just talked to Monaco and they suggested it was a contact problem. Got the centre off but not sure how to get the steering wheel off to get at the rest of the column?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Used to be that sometimes when I started up, everything worked but if i touched the cruise control, only the wipers would work on pulse......nothing else. Now nothing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** think I would start at the control box on this to be sure before you pull the wheel off. IF you click HERE you should be able to see your wheel and it will give you in depth troubleshooting, plus it could be a connection issue at that box or inside the box. IF I recall you might need to have a special tool to remove that and can damage the clock spring if you are not careful. Hope this helps some... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....Robert