peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The message center and gas gauge and trip reset quit working

Customer Question

The message center and gas gauge and trip reset quit working and the engine won't start on my 2001 tradewinds MH. I can't find the problem it work one day and not the next. I checked all the fuses I could find with no luck.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also the problem won't let the engine start it turns over but won't start
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you can trace the battery cables and wiring from the battery to the fuse panels and at the fuse panels for any issues.If any issues are found they will need corrected to resolve this fault here.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. check for any loose,damaged or corroded wiring at the engine,body and frame.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for trying to help but I finally had to have a truck repair shop came out with a Diagnostic computer for freightliner which my coach chasse is and found a poblem that feeds the message center. took about an hour but got me going again, I was stuck in Carlsbad, NM
Your welcome.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No problem.That is great to hear it is operating properly again.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help if you like. Thanks Pete