Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

The Dash Blower only runs on high. I'm sure it is the blower

Customer Question

The Dash Blower only runs on high. I'm sure it is the blower resistor again, Just replaced 7 months ago at the dealer and they tell me 90 days is the warranty. My nickel now. How do I get to the blower motor and replace the resistor again. I heard it is behind the cup holders on my Forza 38R, but cannot get it loose, removed two bottom screws but still attached on top. Also, do you think the Blower is the problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question It is definitely the resistor that is failing. Now as to how to remove the cupholder out, there are a few variations for that model, so it would help if you could take a photo of it and use the paperclip icon on your reply box to upload it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the response. I took a couple pictures and they are attached. Please let know how to remove the cup holder as the forum told me the motor is behind it. I hope they are right.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, you remove the 2 screws at the bottom front of the cupholder, then you pull the black trim piece off, either by hand or by slipping screwdriver with tip taped up behind it and gently prying it off, then you will see a couple of screws to remove and then the cupholder will pull off
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Eric,Found that the trim piece does not come off so you need to remove the complete cup holders one by one to take out the 3 screws per that are bolted into the sheet metal. Once you do that, the cup holders come off and another piece of sheet metal held by 4 screws needs to be removed to see the blower motor beneath the dash. I still cannot see the Blower resistor connector, where is it?