Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

The air suspension system on my Monaco 2012 Knight isn't

Customer Question

The air suspension system on my Monaco 2012 Knight isn't working properly....when we first picked it up, the same thing was going on....they somehow reset the system by turning it off and back on.....How can I reset the system?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** what exactly is happening? When you go to take off are the air bags not filling up OR does this have to do with the leveling? Some Monaco's use air leveling and some use hydrualic jacks. IF you have hydrualic jacks are the bags not filling up with air after you retract them? Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3 days after shutting down the motorhome, it is leaning to the passenger side....the difference in the drivers side and the passenger side is 4 inches has a leak somewhere......
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
OK So what I would do is go and shut the chassis disconnect OFF and then back ON. Start the RV and let it air up until you hear the air dryer pop off. IF the bags still did not fill apply the foot brake and release the parking brake and see if the bags will fill up for you. Many times if you let it air up and then release the parking brake the RV will go to ride height level.IF the bag still will not fill and it is ONLY 1 or 2 air bags you could have a bad ride height control valve, that will meter the air into the bags and when they fail or stick you will not get air into the bags and the RV would lean really bad. I would have a RV shop change the valve they can be dangerous to change out as the air will dump out of the bags and the ride height needs to be set correctly.To find the leak what you can do is get some soapy water in a spray bottle, spray down the bags, fittings and lines, and look for bubbling, sometimes the fitting on top of the air bag can cause problems, that is my experience anyway. Sometimes you also have to spray everything down and then go back and look for the bubbling, it can be time consuming but not impossible to find the leak....Also I am not sure on a reset, some do have a switch on the dash that allows the air bags to dump but I looked through your owners manual and did not see any indication that you have that switch on the dash. IF all the bags were not filling I would be leaning towards an issue with the air dump solenoid for the leveling system...IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert