Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have dometic fridge rmd8555 we have a blue light flashing

Customer Question

I have dometic fridge rmd8555 we have a blue light flashing and an alarm going off every 2 minutes what's our problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Not sure if you have the Owner's Manual for this model. See pages 27 and 28 for the error codes and cures. Please get back to me if you need more input on this issue as all follow ups are included in our fee. Print out a copy so you have it for future use. http://www.caravanfridges.co.uk/pdf-manuals/rm-rms-rml-operation-manual.pdf
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Be sure that it just isn't the "door open" light and alarm. That happens pretty frequently. See that section of the manual. Hope this proves helpful here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is the door alarm that seems to be going off. Blinking blue light. What can I do to stop it. I have checked just about everything around door . Wiped down everything and shut down fridge for over an hour but blinking light and alarm are still going off.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Do you have the electric door lock or not?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
IF you are sure that the door is closed and latched and it is still going off, then the sensor may be bad and need to be replaced. Is this still under warranty?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it is and I feel that I have a bad switch I do not think it is a electric door
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Did you look at that section of the manual? Is shows you how that works (if you have that). Is this still under warranty? Let me see if I can get a part number for you and perhaps some testing info once I get to my shop in a few hours. I live in California.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
I am attaching a copy of the link for the exploded view for this. I think that sensor is shown on that one page as part number 304, but will call them later and see.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/dometic/RM8505.html