gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have an ohan rv generator 4KYFA26100K. iT WILL START AND

Customer Question

I have an ohan rv generator 4KYFA26100K. iT WILL START AND SHUT OFF AS SOON AS i RELEASE START BUTTON. I flipped the circuit breaker on the side of the box where the starter button is located to off. No 110 circuit to coach. The motor now starts and keeps running. No 110v power output with breaker off. If I turn the breaker on while it is running the unit shuts down. If I turn breaker off it will start again. All interior circuit breakers in power box in coach are off.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I removed unit and checked the brushes and stator. all checked good. This unit is a 2005 model and only has 17 running hours on it. Motor runs fine and unit worked normal 2 weeks ago.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I was hoping one of our techs who is very experienced with these would pick this up, but he stays very busy and has a full time job as well. I am attaching a trouble shooting guide that may be of some help here. This can be caused by several things. Only some testing can really tell you what is wrong. Start by taking an AC voltage reading OUT of the genset while it is running. Turn off the breakers inside the RV first. This should allow you to take a "no load" reading. It is kind of odd that this was working fine just a short time ago and it has so few hours. The oil level or low level switch would be suspect and if the board is failing that would cause this as well, but I don't like just throwing parts at a problem. Get back to me with what you find on the readings and we can go from there. Print this guide out so you have it.