Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Guy's I have a Dometic fridge RM7401 in a jayco caravan,

Customer Question

Hi Guy's I have a Dometic fridge RM7401 in a jayco caravan, fridge will not go under 5-6 degrees and wont work on gas. Fridge is 6 years old.We live in Cairns and am looking for a replacement RM8501. Is this fridge suited for the tropics or can you suggest another type to fit in the same cabinetrty 821x525x541
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.
Are you sure that the RM7401 isn't fixable? Or have you definitely decided on a new one? Please get back to me and I can assist you further here. And are those measurements in centimeters?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.
The specs on the RM8501 are 821x525x569 so it is slightly deeper, but should fit.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.
Did you want it to have an ambient temp switch? Not sure what you meant by "climate rating" here.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you need some additional input from me here or was that information I sent helpful?