Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2006 keystone cougar rear slide moved out 6" and stopped. motor

Customer Question

2006 keystone cougar rear slide moved out 6" and stopped. motor makes no sound either in or out. please help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** times the slide room will be wired directly to the battery, make sure you have good battery voltage, over 11 volts and all the cables are clean and tight. Sometimes you will also find a breaker near the battery, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame, below is a picture. Most have a small tab that pops out then they trip. You also might have more then one, sometimes the converter and landing gear will have one. To test with a volt meter you should have close to the same voltage on each post to chassis ground. IF one side has high voltage and the other low then it is the problem.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert Breaker.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the front slide works fine.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Understand sometimes you will have more then one breaker, I would try and also see if you are getting voltage in and out of the switch. IS this an all electric slide-room or hydrualic?