Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My fresh water tank will not empty when i pull the t handle

Customer Question

my fresh water tank will not empty when i pull the t handle drain valve it would drain every time now it does not what is the problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is***** be the actual drain valve, I might blow a little air through the drain line and make sure nothing has gotten inside the tubing, also what I normally will do is run the water pump to help push the water out, when it starts sputtering shut it off. IF it is the fresh water drain for the tank water should be coming out when you pull the T handle. The only other possible cause if there was another valve that needs to be opened up, normally the low point drains are near the water pump or possibly in back of the water heater. Some valves you have to turn and when the valve handle is turned with the pipe it allows the water to drain, other valves do have a ring you pull up on and it opens the valve, have seen a few of that style fail.IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included... Robert
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where is the water heater valve located on 2004 forest river sunseeker rv
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.
OK most set ups will have three valves behind the water heater. So if you go outside and see the location, go inside and many times you have to remove a panel or drawer to access, once you see the back of the water heater look for the valves, most will have three, a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold valves should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle running against the pipe. Sometimes they will also stick another valve in that location for a drain, it would be like the one you pulled on or smaller then the other valves for the water heater. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.
hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert