Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2014 Fleetwood discover 40g with a full side slide.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Fleetwood discover 40g with a full side slide. We stopped last night at a Walmart and put the slide out for the night. When I tried to bring it back in this morning it would not come in. After some checking, it appears that only one of the three motors is attempting to work (Center Motor). When I push the retract button I can see the slide bar attached to that Motor move some and not the other two. I also listened to each Motor while my Wife operated the switch and the Center Motor is the only one I can hear making a noise. Any ideas on what to try?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like this is more than just something easy, if one motor is working and not the others. I would check and see if there is a good mobile tech in that area that come over and assist you with this. IF it has been some time since you had the batteries load tested and serviced that would be a good idea. Many slide issues are battery/cable related. IF your batteries are more than 3 years old there is a good chance they need replacing. You may have to do a manual retract if this is serious and that requires about 3 people on a large slide. Hopefully, this will provide some guidance for you. Please let me know what it turns out to be as I don't recall seeing one quite like this.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me?