Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  23 years Caterpillar Engine experience
30708357

Beaver marqius: I have a 2008 cat c-15 twin turbo 600hp engine

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cat c-15 twin turbo 600hp engine in a motorhome and it pegs the air filter minder everytime i drive it. Is there an air filter that will flow more air than the donaldson i have on it now?
Category: RV
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately I do not think the air filter is the problem. It's most likely the restriction indicator that reads the inlet restriction. I see this a lot on 600 HP C15 engines. Even with a brand new air filter. The 600 has more air flow than lower HP engines. Personally I think the restriction indicator is made for lower HP engines. That's why it pegs on your engine. If the engine was really being restricted of air, you would be experiencing low power and heavy black exhaust smoke.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Are you there? Please don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.