Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 Discovery 40x. On my last trip home the check

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Discovery 40x. On my last trip home the check engine light kept coming on and off. It seamed to happen when starting from a stop and when climbing a hill and would go back off on level road. It never stayed on for more than 10 seconds and lost power only a couple of times, but the engine never shut down.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** few things I would try or look at. Make sure the coolant and oil levels are correct, also I might change the fuel filters and see if that corrects the issue, make sure you pre-fill them with clean diesel. IF the fluid levels are good and changing the fuel filters does not help I would have a chassis shop hook up to your engine data port and see what codes are active. Anytime the check engine light comes on it will store a code and then the engine software will help walk the tech. through the troubleshooting. In the long run it saves time and money having the codes pulled. From your symptoms it very well could be a plugged filter but it also could be many different causes.Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping..... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...