Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a Lippert slide on my 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer trailer.

Customer Question

I have a Lippert slide on my 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer trailer. It jumps teeth on the end closest to the screw mechanism and I then have to remove the bolt from the cross tube and turn it to get the rack and pinions lined back up. Seems to only happen when the slide is within a foot or so of retracted going in or out. Solution?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

It is probably out of adjustment and/or some lubrication is lacking or both. Take a measurement from the edge of the trim to each side of the trailer in the same spot and see what the difference is. Also look and see if the room is centered in the opening or too much to one side or out of plumb. Let me know what you find and we can discuss a solution.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?