Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have an Atwood 7920-ll in my lance.Currently in Zion park

Customer Question

I have an Atwood 7920-ll in my lance.
Currently in Zion park with faulty furnace!
Circuit breaker on front of furnace is tripping after 5-10 seconds of blower operation.
Red led is flashing once every 3 secs indicating low air flow?....
Can you help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** sounds like an issue with the fan motor, if the fan motor was faulty and drawing to many amps it could trip the circuit breaker. As the fan comes up to speed it should blow on a sail switch once the sail switch closes it passes a signal to the electrode and gas valve and should start sparking.I might see if you can access the fan for the motor and make sure it is spinning freely and I would verify your DC voltage at the breaker, you should have 12 volts on each side of the breaker, I would check that before trying to start it. With the low air flow fault and the circuit breaker tripping it sounds like the motor is at fault.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... RobertAlso if it does spark I might have the circuit board tested out, most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if that is the problem.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert