Joe, RV Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in Automotive Technology , 18+ years as RV and Commercial Bus Technician

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2001 Safari Trek with a P32

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2001 Safari Trek with a P32 chassis. I get no response when I plug a Scangauge II into the OBD2 port. Checked the cig lighter fuse. It's fine. What other circuit would power that port?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The scangauge display does not light up, as if it is getting no power from the OBD2 port. Scangauge trouble shooting manual say's check the cigarette lighter fuse. That fuse is fine. What other fuse could be the culprit?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 6 months ago.
good eveninghow many pin and what color is the connector?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a standard OBD2 connector. Black, 16 pin.
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** be a 15 amp fuse in the chassis load center / fuse block that is labeled something like eng.-batt.This fuse supplies 12v + to socket#16 of the datalink connector.Socket #4 should be a good ground.Communication from the control module is done through socket #2 See the diagram for reference. Joe
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Joe,I located a fuse block under the hood which contains 3 different 15A fuses. Tested them all, all good. There's another fuse block under the dash, but no 15A fuses there. Any idea where else I should look?Jim
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.
Typically, the chassis fuse block will be located in front of the drivers area, behind the hood.Have you verified that there is not battery voltage at #16 socket in the diagnostic connector?If there is battery voltage on #16, you must make certain there is a good ground on #4. Joe
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you need any clarification on something which I stated above. Please remember to rate my service, so I can receive credit for my help. -Joe